GEA Barr-Rosin can process Fertilizers such as:
- Ammonium Nitrate AN
- Ammonium Sulphate
- Calcium Ammonium Nitrate CAN
- Compound Fertilizers
- Triple Super Phosphate TSP
- Granular Triple Super Phosphate GTSP
- Monoammonium Phosphate MAP
- Diammonium Phosphate DAP
- Rock Phosphate
- Proprietary Formulations
Potash: fine pink, granulated white, #5 pink granulated, crystallized white, pink product
Rotary dryer for phosphate rock
GEA Barr-Rosin can provide several unit operations for Fertilizer which include granulating, drying, cooling, coating, conditioning, holding/aging and de-dusting. We normally achieve these thermal operations by using three technologies:
- Fluid Bed - Fluid Beds can dry and cool fertilizer and elutriate fines (de-dust) with minimal granule abrasion. Their high thermal efficiency in fluidized state result in shorter cooling times. They are smaller in size and weight, with lower capital costs than conventional systems. Capacities in excess of 120 tons / hour have been achieved. Over 55 commercial systems have been supplied by GEA Barr-Rosin and proven throughout the world.
- Rotary - Rotaries are used for the drying, cooling, granulating, coating, and conditioning of fertilizer. Their flexible design and robust yet simple construction result in reliable operation under the most arduous chemical plant conditions. Capacities over 300 tons / hour are not uncommon. GEA Barr-Rosin have designed and manufactured many rotary systems on fertilizer.
- Contact Column Cooler - Indirect cooling through bundled tubes can be achieved using a GEA Barr-Rosin Contact Column Cooler with minimal if any air flow. This is an economical and environmentally sound solution, with capacities of up to 100 tons / hour. Several commercial units have been supplied throughout the world.
Thermal Processing in the Fertilizer Industry (pdf)